How Do I...
Select a question below.
The Belvidere School District has a seat available on its Board of Education for a term ending April, 2013 at which time a candidate will be elected to fill the remaining 2-year term. Legal qualifications include the following:
• Citizen of the United States for at least one (1) year;
• 18 years of age or older;
• Resident of the State of Illinois and District #100 for at least one (1) year;
• Registered voter;
• Not holding the position of school trustee or school treasurer; and
• Resident of Bonus Township.
Some person may be ineligible for Board of Education membership by reason of other public office held or certain types of state or federal employment.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
• Letter of interest indicating why they would like to be considered for the vacancy on the Board of Education; and
• Resume outlining the qualities they would bring to the Board of Education.
Please submit your letter and resume to the following individual:
Mr. Richard Van Evera, President
Board of Education
Belvidere Community Unit School District #100
1201 Fifth Avenue
Belvidere, IL 61008
The deadline for receiving letters is Thursday, August 30, 2012.